Well, this year is almost over. And may I say, it FLEW! So much has happened, there is no way I would be able to tell you all about it via blog post. Instead, I’ll follow in the footsteps of Ann Cannon (a DesNews writer) and make a list of a few things I learned this year. Maybe it will be interesting, maybe it will be boring. You won’t know unless you read it. So here I go.
- It’s fun to go out every weekend, but it’s never mandatory.
- Sometimes, you just need a good cry.
- It’s ok to hang on tight. But you’ll never benefit from holding on when there is no longer a reason to hold on.
- Equal value is what will keep a friendship alive.
- Don’t feel awkward out of your comfort zone. You have to step out of it quite a bit.
- Your family should be your closest group of friends.
- The unexpected will happen, but just roll with it.
- It actually feels good to exercise.
- Putting it off won’t make it go away.
- Stick to what you believe, and you’ll never go wrong.
- Healthy food really does taste good.
- Biology is a very enjoyable class.
- A person always needs a challenge and an adventure.
- And, in addition, a friend is nice to have too. But not quite as necessary.
- Forgive and forget. But don’t put yourself in a bad spot.
- Don’t give up.
- Texting is overrated. I promise you will still have a soul even.if you don’t text.
- Stand up for what you know is right.
- Everyone’s friend is no one’s.
- Be excited for the future. Being afraid will only inhibit you.
- It is possible to have fun by yourself.
- The longer you’re away from something, the more you realize how much you love it.
- You’ve always got some diem to carpe.
- Egg nog is delicious.
- My mom is one of the most hilarious people I know. I love her.
- Christmas is a state of mind.
- It’s okay to be the one to invite people over.
- Dates that require the least amount of money are usually the most fun.
- There will never be another day quite like today.
- Snail mail is the best.
- You’ve always got room for a new friend.
- Express your love and appreciation for others.
- The simple things matter the most.
- Find something to be happy about every day. That’s what you’ll remember the most.
- Trust those around you.
So there are 35 of the things I learned this year. (That’s probably only about 0.00003% of everything I learned. But this is just so you have a sample.)
Thank YOU for helping me to have the year I had. Without you, it would have been immensely different. So just know that I appreciate you and all you do!