Happy happy happy happy happy happy summer!!
What can I say. I love the summertime! It is so fantastic. Free time galore! Plus some eating (when I remember), practicing violin, sleeping, and partying like there is no tomorrow!
Summer is so much fun. Not only do we not have to go to school, but also:
- It is warm outside. What’s not to love about that? When it is warm outside, you get to play outside. Any time you want. Soccer games, real-life frisbee golf, tennis, anything. It is all possible when it is warm outside! (which it is.)
- You can get so much accomplished in the summer! Now that I have time for my full daily 90 minutes on the violin, I have gotten so much done. I am almost finished with Praeludium and Allegro that I started at the beginning of summer. And it’s pretty dang awesome. Also, I have kept my room clean (which almost NEVER happens.)
- You always have time to spend with amigos. Whether it’s a gathering of 4 friends or a gathering of 27, you can always fit it in! And I love that!
- Vacations! I went to California last week….and it was so much fun!! I love Disneyland! And the beach! I just love vacating….ha.
Well there are plenty more things I could add to this list. But I just don’t really feel like it. See! That right there is the glory of summer.
Some Of My Most Favorite Things I Have Done This Summer
- Gone to California
- Gone to the MODEST MOUSE CONCERT!!
(I am mourning over the fact that I didn’t find out Mr. Chicago’s name. All I know is that he is from Chicago, is a babe, and likes Modest Mouse and Deadmau5. Very very sad….)
- Hung out with my buddies! (just pretend there is a picture here. I don’t want to go to the effort right now.)
Umm so I don’t want to write any more in that list. If you haven’t been a part of my summer so far, you should change that….by calling me and figuring out some time when we will hang out. Because if you try to make me plan it, we will likely just end up watching a movie at my house. Which is not exciting or adventurous like summer should be.
Wanna hear a story? Okay. It is a story about how funny my mom is. I don’t know if you will think it is funny but it was pretty hilarious at the time that it happened. Okay.
(Mom was mixing something in a bowl.)
AARON: Mmmm! Frosting!
Isn’t that just great?? I love my family. That incident also reminded me of another funny moment.
AARON: I want EasyMac.
MOM: No! We’re having steak cubes!
Good deal. My fam fam is pretty great, huh?
May I just say. Some people have excellent timing, even if they do not know it. Sometimes it makes me laugh. There was this one time….that I am not going to tell the details of…. Some of you might know what I am talking about. And it was rather….HILARIOUS. If you want to know, ask me, and I may or may not tell you.
Oh. So this just came to mind so I thought I would write about it for a second…. Jealousy is dumb. What is the point of being jealous of someone else? Honestly. Tell me why. If you think about it, we are all equals. Someone may have some talent or some possession or something that you don’t have. But I guarantee you have something they don’t have. This is kind of related: today I was talking to my mom about how a year ago today, I was coming home from Dixie. Somehow we talked about how I didn’t feel like I was as cool as all the people I was meeting. And my mom pointed out that it is all a matter of perception. They most likely perceived me to be “as cool” or “cooler” than they are, although I might not have felt the same way. So the same goes for jealousy. It’s all a matter of perception. If you concentrate on the things you don’t have, then you will likely feel that everyone else has more than you and therefore will likely feel jealous of others. On the other (and better) hand, if you focus on what you do have, you will realize that you don’t really need much else! If you are happy where you are at, why do you need anything else? And, if you are unhappy with where you are at, why not change it? You don’t have to change what you have, or change your surroundings. You just have to change your attitude. You can make the best of any situation. And chances are, being jealous is not helping you feel any better about yourself…. So I challenge you to get rid of your jealousy! That is all.
As a side note, random phone calls are the best. I just got one from my buddy….he wanted to know what color he should use as a border for the blanket he is crocheting. I laughed inside a little bit.
Well I don’t have much else to say. So I will just say this:
Be excellent to each other. And….party on, dudes!!
Have a nice day.