So it’s storytime. Time for the story of the past month, since I was not consistent in my blogging. Actually I was consistent….consistently bad. (One time, I was at a basketball game for my dear school and the guy behind me, who was middle-aged, yelled, “Hey ref, you’re consistent. Consistently bad!” So that just reminded me of that.)
So. Here we go.
- Arcade Fire. Need I say more!? It was absolutely amazing. By far the best show I’ve ever seen. I was captivated. Drinking up every second of being surrounded by the beautiful noise coming from that intensely lit stage up front. I. Love. Them.
- Finals = frowny face. Fortunately, they are over. And I actually did decently. Which is good.
- Moving out. Mixed emotions toward that one. Good to move on to bigger and better things and places, but definitely sad to say goodbye to some people. Even if it is just for a few months (whitsteed) or if it is for 2+ years.
- Zion National Park with the fam. That was excellent. Fabulous time in a fabulous place with fabulous people. Yes. I love the sun, and Carrot-head. (only my family will understand that one.)
- Moving in to a new apartment. Super scary, because I didn’t know anyone that I was living with, and I didn’t want to have a weird roommate that spends all night on chat groups and spends all day practicing her lightsaber skills or sings songs from Sesame Street. Thankfully, that didn’t happen. My new roommate’s name is Jessica and she is one of the coolest people I’ve ever met. She’s the best. We’re pretty much BFFs, and we both love Shawn Spencer, so what else matters? I say, nothing else matters.
- Begin working. Full time. For the first time. Yes, that happened. Working full time is definitely a new adventure, but it’s good. I work with cool people, I do some pretty cool stuff (except calling. I. HATE. CALLING.) (Suburban War just came on and relaxed me a little bit from that moment of rage. But the fact remains true that I hate calling. Freaking telephone interviews.)
- New ward = cool. I like them. I now live by Rachel which is super fun, it’s like high school all over again except the college version which is so much classier. Sort of. But the point was, my ward is awesome. We even had a ward hike/lunch today and it was excellent.
- It’s finally starting to get warm. I am so happy about this. I am craving summer!
That’s all that I can think of right now. One time, I went to Red Lobster last week. It was exceptionally delicious. If you ever go to Red Lobster, make sure to get one of their specialty drinks. My personal favorite is the Pina Colada one. Virgin, of course. IT. IS. SO. DELICIOUS. Anyway. Rococo by AF is playing right now and I love it so much. This is one of my favs and every time I hear it, I just think about how AMAZING that concert was, because this song is the one where I was pretty much awe-struck at the beauty of the concert. Lately I’ve been obsessed with Twitter. For some reason, I just love it. It’s just a place to put where you’re thinking at any time and not have the judgment that fb creates, because that’s what Twitter was created for. I feel like twitter needs an appropriate abbreviation. Facebook goes to fb; Twitter goes to….what? T? Doesn’t work. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Another reason why I love twitter is because you can tweet your fav celebs. And they often answer you! Have I been tweeted by Fictionist, Chromeo, Julian Harmon of the Morning Benders, etc.? The answer to that question is a resounding YES. You can be jealous. Also, did I win a signed Fictionist CD on twitter? You have my permission to be jealous, since the answer to that question is yet again YES. This leads me to an idea I have been infatuated with lately. It’s called, I want to go to Outside Lands. As in, THE Outside Lands, of San Francisco. (Yes, I just hyperlinked those three things to the same link. It is vital that you visit this link to understand my obsession. Esp. if you click on the tab called “Lineup.” That is why I want to go.) So, those of you who visited that site should now understand why I want to go. That is a beautiful lineup. Is that too big of an investment? $200 for a three day pass, then gas money plus finding someone to go with me who happens to possess a car and add on top of that where would I stay. Also food. But seriously. I want to go. So much. If you want to go….tell me. Because I legitimately am not kidding when I say I want to go. Maybe I can get my mommy and daddy to get me this little trip as a birthday present. That would be handy. Somehow I doubt that will happen, but this is why I have a job. (Also I have a job to pay for college, but that is trivial.) So seriously, any takers for Outside Lands? (I just gave you another chance to revel in the glory of this beautiful thing. Take it.) So yeah this post has been pretty rambly (I just made that word up) but that is what happens when I don’t post for more than a month. So here you have it. My rambly life. I wonder if Macey’s has any Cadbury Mini Eggs left. They did about a week ago. My supply is running low. Okay. I’ve gotta make myself stop.
TTFN! Ta ta for now!
Okay one last thing. About this picture. Notice Win Butler on the piano, Regine on the drums, Will in the back all lit up going crazy….and the amazing music video. Don’t you get teary-eyed just thinking about it?? Seriously. I am so obsessed with these guys.