- Slept until 10 (that’s late for me)
- Ate a delicious breakfast that consisted of: Oatmeal Crisp. Best cereal ever.
- Took my sweet time getting ready for the day
- Listened to Arcade Fire all the while
- Ate a delicious lunch that consisted of: salad. It had been too long, old friend. Love fresh veggies.
[I just killed a fly in midair. Congratulate me.]
- Went to the salon, and
- Re-chopped my hair. It’s pretty edgy. In a good way. But I may have friends who are males who have longer hair than me. Even at BYU.
- Came home and ate a bagel
- Listened/sang along to Bon Iver
- And now, I’m
- Writing this blog post, and
- Listening to Andrew Bird.
It has been a long time since I have had a day this lazy/not productive. It has been a nice break. Tomorrow, we’ll be heading up to ID for actual Thanksgiving with the fam, so that’ll be fun/slightly more productive (I think).
Also, here are my
Tips for sleeping well
- Drink 3-4 cups of water right before you go to bed. I don’t know why everyone doesn’t do this. It hydrates you, it keeps your metabolism running (aka burning calories, people. modern-day society likes this), it helps your body be more balanced, and thus, sleep better, and it naturally cleanses your body of toxins. Hello, who wouldn’t want all of these things? Simple price to pay for all these health benefits and to feel more rested in the morning.
- Give yourself at least 7 but no more than 9 hours to sleep. Full night’s rest, but not oversleeping.
- Set an alarm for 1.5-2.0 hours before you actually plan to get up. This way, you can wake up, feel grateful that you still have 1.5-2.0 hours to sleep, and complete a full REM cycle before you actually have to get up. (My mom laughed when I told her that I do this sometimes. But seriously. It’s sweet. Knowledge passed along by a good friend.)